Monday, February 9, 2009

The Unknown Beast


"Holy SHIT” , someone help me, oh my god ,” I screamed, as I was blasphemous.

I sprinted out of the cave and up to the summit of the mountain as the helicopter was flying away and I intensively jumped on and climbed into my seat. Andrew was already in there waiting, helping me up. The goblin was right behind me yelling in a shrill voice, almost tearing my head off but he didn’t reach and I was already far away in the helicopter, with good relief.

Hold up, let me tell you where it all started. It was in the spring and a few buddies and I were wanting to explore something new and discover it. Later I found something that said that there was a new mountain in Antarctica and nobody else has ever set foot on it before. It is suppose to be spectacular.

We decided to go on May 22, 1936 and the plane left at 10:30 am. When we got to the top of the mountain there is suppose to be a helicopter waiting for us to be there. So our group is going to be, my friend Andrew, he was quiet wry and wise. Alex, he was the leader of the group who is taking us up there, he has prowess. Veronica, who is Andrew's’ fiance and she carries all of the food and water, and was feeble and lastly, I Chris which is the strongest of all of them. Each person has there own M4 Carbine which is a gun incase if there is anything vague.

We arrived at 4:00 PM at the base of the mountain. This mountain looked like it was one of the most gargantuan mountains in the world. It was cold out, approximately -6 degrees out and we all had big warm coats on. there was a zephyr in the air. The mountain was placid. Alex stated,” lets start this expedition and began to climb up.

Every few hours we would stop and take a little break and have some food and water, that we would get out of Veronica backpack. Everyone tented up at 11:30 and get some rest for the next day. We slept till 6:30 am, barely burning daylight and starting up the day again.
We started to climb again and we were all just conversing on how amazing that this is and how much fun this trip is. All of a sudden we realized that there was a cave up ahead.Alex shouted to everyone,” lets check this thing out.”
“I don’t think that this is such a good Idea,” Andrew stated quietly to me.

“Whatever this is an adventure, live with it,” I said to him.

So we kept on climbing and it got pretty steep right before the cave. There was a little ledge that you could grab onto to bring yourself up and that’s what Alex did. He reached to pull himself up and all of a sudden he was brought up quickly by his arm and it appeared to be some sort of mystical creature that did it. The beast chopped off Alex’s arm and he fell all the way down and died on a hard sheet of ice. It looked like his body was tattered and indigent. The beast ran back into the cave.We pulled out our M4 Carbines and ran up and into the cave.

We realized that It was dark and musty and had some gewy slime on the sides of the walls.it had a effluvia. It was pitch black and nothing was around it seemed and Veronica came out of nowhere saying,” I have a flashlight that we can use."

She pulled out the flashlight and there was a bunch TNT dynamites everywhere. We explored the rest of the place and there was nothing to be found and then Andrew screamed at the top of his lungs,” booby trap!! Watch out.” Veronica didn’t respond quick enough and got snapped into a net and was brought up a huge dark vent hole.

Andrew and I took a little while to find place where it might lead to someplace else and finally I found something. There was and opening that led to a bigger room, it was right behind a rock. We slowly walked in, with the tips of our guns showing and we couldn’t believe what we had seen.

“There was probably about 20 of those beasts which looked like goblins from what I have read,” Andrew said. They had blue eyes, green skin, hunched over, looking letharc and all they had for defense was a knife. they made shrill sounds from there mouths.

We hid behind a large rock, a bulwark or you can say a rampart and we happen to see Veronica dead hanging by her neck on a thick rope. “They have hung her,” Andrew said sadly. We made a plan that we will both attack the gremlins at the same time and when were half way done with killing them Andrew will run back to the helicopter and wait until I kill all them and I get back to the helicopter.

Attack on 3. 1.……,2.………..,3 go and then open fire just started to happen and they just started going down 1 by 1and as in 5 min we were almost done.

“Andrew go I will meet you in the helicopter,” I said.

He ran and I was almost done and there was only one goblin left and I ran out of bullets and I sprinted out of the cave and up to the summit of the mountain as the helicopter was flying away and I intensively jumped on and climbed into my seat. Andrew was already in there waiting, he abetted me up. The goblin was right behind me, looking extreamly inept, almost tearing my head off, he had great malefactor inside him, but he didn’t reach and I was already far away in the helicopter. With good relief.

Andrew and I were just talking on the way home, what should we name this mountain since we have discovered it? “how about Mount Hindu Kush, I said. “sounds good,” Andrew responded.

We got home the next day and we had a proper burial ground for Alex and Veronica and we were all sad especially Andrew because Veronica fiance. So that day Andrew and I felt mixed emotions, sad that we lost people we love and we discovered a new mountain.

2 comments:

chris the thug menard said...

Hello, before you read this story i would like you to realize how your life is and how you need to appreciate it while you have it. the characters in my story went on an awsome exploration which they loved and was beautiful but unfotunatly 2 of the had died. I think that the details in the story are very well and there are great adjectives also.It was easy to make up and write about it just comes to me. The hard thing was to know how to end the story it was kind of difficult for me. the weak areas in the story is the middle part. some good types of feedback would be the 5 plots, how they are.

chris the thug menard said...

1) the greatest change that i made was that i changed all of my details of the people and the diction of my story.
2)i though that the 4 pages that we did for our partner was more better because i got to have someone read my story and i could read someone elses and get some good ideas for my story.
3) my greatest strength in my story was that the conflict because there are many details to specify the conflict and the charactors make the story more interesting.
4) for the next years students i would say to just have your writing be interesting and make the reader actually want to read it not just cause they have to.